We often hear this question asked. But is it ever expecting an answer?
Given what we know about Jesus from the Bible here is a list of ten things that Jesus might do.
What Jesus would do.
- Tell a story.
- Have an argument with a religious official or teacher.
- Heal someone, cast out a few demons, pronounce forgiveness – or any combination thereof.
- Go for a walk with his friends.
- Disappear on his own to wrestle with demons and/or to pray.
- Tell people not to let on who he was.
- Reinterpret traditional religious teaching.
- Send his followers off on a mission.
- Encourage repentance.
- Say what will happen when the kingdom comes.
- Have a sociable meal – often in dodgy company.
In a day or two I will blog a list of things that (in my view) Jesus would probably not do.
Meanwhile – what should be added to this list?